- Who We Are
- Experience Portfolio
- DoNo Downtown North
- CREC Academy of Aerospace
- West River Bridge
- Yale School of Management
- Eversource Municipal Liaison
- Hurricane Sandy Recovery
- Route 34 West MXD
- College & Crown MXD
- Dwight Gardens Housing
- Federal Local Bridge Program
- New West Terminal
- Commonwealth Honors College
- Pearl Street Apartments
- BKM Reconstruction
- West Rock Housing
- Polamer Precision
- Toray Plastics
- CREC Museum Academy
- News & Resources
- Contact Us
- Rohan's Travel Blog
Land Survey Manager / Director of Land Surveying:
We are currently seeking a qualified Licensed Survey Professional(s) to lead and direct survey staff and our ongoing survey program. This person will play a vital role in the success of the firm and its reputation. This unique career opportunity is primarily based in our Hartford office. Proven ability to lead staff, think critically and provide support to multiple teams simultaneously is required. Previous project management experience, including project development / marketing is a plus. The qualified candidate will oversee a wide variety of planning, design, and construction surveying projects.
- Work with project managers to plan and structure surveying processes to support ongoing project efforts.
- Work with project managers to ensure effective and timely completion of surveying deliverables.
- Coordinate with various staff members to ensure a quality product is consistently delivered to clients.
- Interface with clients and stakeholders in order to properly identify and meet surveying needs.
- Lead and develop knowledge and skills of party chiefs and various staff members.
- Manage daily work activities of party chiefs including preparation of daily work requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with principals, project managers, and clients to participate in project proposals and interviews as requested.
- Must currently hold a Professional Land Surveying License. If not already licensed in Connecticut, must have the ability to gain licensing in Connecticut through reciprocity within three months of start date.
- Minimum 5 years of recent projects that would preferably include elements of the following:
- Highway/DOT Design Surveys in accordance with state’s DOT standards
- Highway/DOT Construction Staking experience including roadway, structures, and utilities.
- Utility location and staking experience
- Familiarity with RTK and Static GPS Survey Technologies
- Familiarity in the use of Robotic Total Stations
- Familiarity with High Definition Scanning
We are currently seeking a Party Chief to join our survey group. The selected person will be responsible for the overall completion of the field survey phase of specific projects, perform field computations necessary for the completion of task assignments; complete daily report cards, prepare field note sketches, document assignments, manage survey crew and give field time estimates for specific tasks.
- Responsible for oversight of survey field crew and related surveying responsibilities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees.
- Coordinate with contractors to provide survey services.
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey.
- Gather all necessary information to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
- Discuss work with clients, as necessary.
- Make calculations and maintain records essential to survey.
- Insure that assigned survey truck is properly maintained.
- Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment.
- Respond appropriately to all employee performance issues of assigned survey field crew.
- Communicate with management to maximize efforts and man-hours.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Courses in mathematics and surveying.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on a land surveying party.
- Thorough knowledge of residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with field procedures for performing boundary and ALTA/ACSM land title surveys.
- Ability to perform all aspects of topographic surveys, road frontage cross-section surveys and as-built surveys.
- Thorough knowledge of total station and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
We are currently seeking experienced Instrument Operators. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. The position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Supervise the survey crew in the absence of the crew chief.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Minimum of three years of survey instrument operation experience required.
- High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Good Mathematical and computer skills.
- Proficiency with Carlson SurvCE.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Ability to pass a DOT drug/alcohol test.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
The Rodman is in charge of transporting and setting up the instruments and equipment associated with surveying land and preparing the job site for a survey. Candidate will learn to survey land: find lot/property, run instrument and rod (level and prism pole), locate property corners, fencing, etc. and perform construction staking. Must be good with basic math; able to work in heat and cold; have great attendance and a commitment to do a good job. Problem solving skills are essential.
- Load/Unload and set up equipment for surveys
- Clear brush and trees away from the survey line
- Construction layout
- Assist Survey Crew Chief in all day to day surveying responsibilities
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and also be willing to work independently on occasion
- High School Diploma
- A valid driver license and a good driving record
- Experience working with GPS, Robot Total Station, and data collections a plus
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and terrain
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
- Candidate will work in a drug free environment and will have to submit to an initial screening
- Must be willing to travel on occasion