- Who We Are
- Experience Portfolio
- Yale School of Management
- CREC Academy of Aerospace
- West River Bridge
- Route 34 West MXD
- Spectra Boutique Apartments
- Eversource Municipal Liaison
- Hurricane Sandy Recovery
- College & Crown MXD
- Dwight Gardens Housing
- CREC Museum Academy
- Federal Local Bridge Program
- New West Terminal
- Commonwealth Honors College
- BKM Reconstruction
- West Rock Housing
- Polamer Precision
- Toray Plastics
- Glastonbury Roundabout
- Hamden Roundabout
- DoNo Downtown North
- Achievement First: Amistad Academy
- West Middle School
- Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy at the Learning Corridor
- News & Resources
- Contact Us
Freeman Companies is seeking qualified Construction Inspector(s) with experience in Highway/Bridge construction projects for full-time assignments to serve our CTDOT, municipalities and private sector clients.
- In charge of field inspection and observation of on-site construction activities, maintain daily construction observation forms and daily diaries, writing inspector’s daily reports, interact directly with municipal officials, the Contractor, and CTDOT personnel.
- 5 to 10 years of related construction inspection experience
- NICET Level III / IV certification, Highway Construction Inspection
- CTDOT other major transportation agency project experience performing inspection of structural components (bridges, retaining walls, sign structures), earthwork, concrete and/or asphalt paving construction, drainage and utility construction, highway lighting construction
- Associates degree in a construction or engineering related field desired but not required.
- OSHA 10 hour or ability to obtain.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel) etc.
- Familiar with CTDOT’s four book system for record keeping
- Must be thoroughly experienced with CTDOT Standard Specifications, Standard Sheets, Material Requirements, and MUTCD Standards.
- Must have extensive bridge and highway construction experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with the client and construction contractor.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to interpret construction plans and contracts.
- Must show strong computer skills and be comfortable writing concise reports documenting daily activities.
- Must be a proactive individual to identify problems, and work effectively with the Engineer-of-Record, Contractor, and Owner to seek resolution.
- Must be able to work outdoors in different weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk through rough terrain, and safely navigate construction sites.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have dependable transportation.
Chief Inspectors, Resident Engineers, and Field Inspectors:
We are seeking experience Construction Inspectors of all levels to fill a variety of roles, such as Resident Engineer, Chief Inspector, Field Inspector, etc. on key construction projects. A minimum of 2+ years of experience. Good reading, writing, computer and mathematical skills are essential for this position. A keen understanding of the CTDOT construction process is required. A PE or NICET II, III and IV or EIT and working knowledge of CTDOT Five Volumes Standard System of recording keeping including CIDD, DWR, CON-40, etc. are desired. Experience with shop drawing and submittal reviews, measurement and payment responsibilities a plus. NETTCP and ACI, etc. certifications needed.